Ah, climbing humor! Nothing beats jokes about a sport that a very small proportion of the reading audience will get. The key to comedy!
So for those who aren't climbers, here are some definitions.
- Belay Slave – One who volunteers or who is volunteered to serve as belayer for a climbing session without actually climbing.
- Heel Hook – Pressing down on a hold with the back of the heel to gain more leverage or balance.
- Jugs – Climbing holds that are very deep and large which make them easy to hold, much like the handle of a milk carton.
- Pinches – Holds that require a climber to pinch between the thumb and the fingers.
- Gumby – A derogatory term for a beginner climber.
Now get on the wall and send that shit!
It’s the holiday season which means visiting family which means long plane rides with spotty wifi. What better way to pass the time than to read digital comics on your mobile and tablet devices. And you’re in luck! I’ve just released Book 1 and Book 2 for digital purchase at Gumroad
! Best of all, it’s PAY WHAT YOU WANT! So if you want to pay nothing, you can get both volumes for free and read them on your plane rides, train ride, or car ride this holiday season.
The digital version of both books contain a rather wordy strip commentary section where I discuss my thoughts about some of the situations in the comic, the various locations that are peppered throughout, and all the yummy places our characters go to eat. There’s a lot of food.
Exclusive to the digital editions of Book 1 and Book 2 are bonus comics. Book 1 features an auto bio comic that I contemplated doing before I decided to do YP. Yup, I was gonna be one of those cartoonists. Book 2 features the very first YP color strip which has never appeared on the website. These bonus comics don’t appear in the print editions or online. So head on over to Gumroad
and get Back to the Grind
and The Client is Always